Garlicky Hemp, Mushroom & Lentil Soup
It’s well and truly soup season! Beat the cold and reap the benefits of this cosy and robust-flavoured soup. This recipe uses hemp oil and hemp seeds for texture, flavour and nourishment.
Recipe credit Olivia Moore
- 1/4 cup Royal Hemp Cold-Pressed Hemp Oil Buy Now
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 20g garlic (about 6-8 cloves), thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup hot mushroom broth
- 1x400g can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp Royal Hemp Hemp Seeds Buy Now
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/ tsp salt
- Heat hemp oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add spices and mushrooms. Continue to cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spices are fragrant and mushrooms release their juices. Add mushroom broth and lentils, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, until lentils have softened slightly.
- Transfer half of the soup to a blender along with the hemp seeds, and blend until smooth. Add back into the pot and stir. If you prefer a smooth soup, blend the entire mixture.
- Remove from the heat and stir through lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve garnished with extra hemp oil, hemp seeds and fresh parsley. Enjoy hot.
Check out our Products
or 4 payments of $11.25 with Afterpay
or 4 payments of $6.24 with Afterpay