Brekkie Hemp Protein Packed Soup
Soup for breakfast?! Yes and it’s so filling and satisfying – Miso based veggie soup packed with whole grains, healthy fats and protein!! The idea here is to use whatever you have in your pantry e.g. leftover rice, long-lasting veggies and oats or whole grains // here I used the cucumbers that have been sitting in the fridge 😆 I also added fresh GINGER and TURMERIC to help support immunity and digestion 🙂 I topped it off with hemp seeds, Granola and Dulse flakes for extra seaweed-flavour! I’m a big fan of Hemp seeds: they are naturally jam-packed with omega 3&6, minerals and protein – plus they are super versatile and so easy to incorporate into your diet, as easy as just a sprinkle on top of your meals (both savoury and sweet!!)
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
Recipe credit Candy Luk
- 3/4 cup rolled oats or cooked rice
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger roots
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 medium cucumbers, shredded (you can sub with carrots or zucchini or pumpkin)
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- 5 cups water
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 3 heaped tbsp Royal Hemp hemp seeds
- Put all ingredients except miso and baby spinach in a saucepan and cook on medium heat until desired consistency.
- Stir in miso paste and baby spinach. Taste to your liking and add more salt if needed.
- Top with hemp seeds and desired toppings to serve.
Check out our Products
or 4 payments of $7.49 with Afterpay