Healthy Choc Hemp Banana Bread
Go bananas for this banana bread recipe!
I love making banana bread, it’s the best and classic way to use overripe bananas. It’s also really simple to make and you can easily make a healthy version of it!
Plus incorporating Royal Hemp’s chocolate protein powder adds a kick of protein as well as nutrient boost . This makes for a great snack, breakfast, dessert or even post workout snack!
Recipe credit Sabrina Lu
- 1 cup of wholemeal self-raising flour
- 5 dashes of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of stevia sweetener (or sweetener of choice)
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup of plant based milk
- 1 scoop of Royal Hemp’s Chocolate naturally sweetened protein
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Measure one cup of wholemeal self raising flour using a measuring cup and pop it into a mixing bowl
- Add the cinnamon, the sweetener and Royal Hemp’s chocolate stevia sweetened protein into the mixing bowl
- Mix all the ingredients in the mixing bowl
- Blend the bananas + milk in a blender until smooth and pour the mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients
6. Mix all the ingredients in the box together into a smooth and slightly thick mixture is formed (if you find it to be too dry, add in some more milk)
7. Pour the mixture into a non stick rectangular baking mould and pop into the oven
8. Bake for 20 mins and take out of the oven, poke the bake using a tooth pick or fork and see if it comes out clean. If it does come out clean, let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting it. If it does not come out clean, leave in the oven for another 5 mins and then take it out and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Enjoy this delicious banana bread bake!