Hot Chocolate Hemp Brownies
Hot Choc Brownies topped with vanilla ice cream is definitely a combo made in heaven. And now you can make it at home in less than 10 minutes and make it healthy (well, a lot healthier than the ones you get at restaurants!).
You may have noticed a tendency of mine to post and create recipes that are quick to make (yet healthy and delicious!) and that’s mainly because, well for one, I’m often really busy and prefer to not spend heaps of time cooking because I simply don’t have the time and secondly, and more importantly, I believe healthy eating shouldn’t be such a difficult nor time-consuming thing, I want to demonstrate that while you can experiment and cook some amazing recipes that perhaps do require a bit of time to make, there are also some awesome recipes too which don’t require heaps of time at all!
Recipe credit Sabrina Lu
Hot chocolate brownie in a mug recipe!
(Vegan, High in protein, super easy to make, can be sugar-free and oil free!)
- 1/3 scoop of Royal Hemp Stevia Sweetened protein powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp plain or oat (for GR option) flour
- 1 tbsp natural sweetener of choice
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (substitute with applesauce if wanting to make it oil free)
- ¼ cup + (a little bit more if batter looking dry) plant-based milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chips (optional but add for a more brownie-like outcome)
- Spray a mug with non-stick spray or oil.
- In the mug, combine and mix the dry ingredients until mixed well.
- Add in the wet ingredients into the mug until a thick batter forms (If your batter is looking too dry, add more milk).
- Add in your chocolate chips and mix it in with the batter.
- Pop in the microwave for 90 seconds (doing so by stopping after every 30 seconds repeating this 3 times – that is microwaving at three 30 second intervals).
- Take out and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream of choice?