Hemp Protein Packed Choc Muffins
I love a good chocolate muffin, however, many stores brought muffins contain loads of unnecessary ingredients, fats and sugars and while maybe good for the soul, it’s not so good for your heart. If you are looking for a healthy alternative, you are in luck! These are my healthy chocolate Hemp protein muffins which can be SUGAR-FREE, OIL FREE (if you include the oil, however, it gives a more bakery like the taste) + High in PROTEIN + Vegan! It’s perfect on the go and you can eat this chocolate treat knowing you are nourishing yourself well!
Recipe credit Sabrina Lu
- 1 cup self-raising wholemeal flour (replace with GF flour if required)
- 1 scoop Royal Hemp’s Stevia Sweetened Chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs of natural sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of Hemp Seed oil (optional or replace with more soy milk) (Buy Here)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of organic soy milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients until mixed well.
3. Add the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients until a thick batter forms (If your batter is looking too dry, add more milk).
4. Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray/oil and scoop your mixture into the tin slots.
5. Pop the tray into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
6. After 15 minutes, take a toothpick and poke the centre of a muffin and if it comes out clean, take it out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before taking them out of the tray. If it doesn’t come out clean, leave it to bake in the oven for another 5 minutes then take it out to cool.
7. The muffins will feel a bit soft when you first remove it from the oven but will firm up once it cools down.
Enjoy this delicious healthy treat!