Perfect Protein-Packed Hemp Cinnamon Pancakes
Nothing like waking up to a stack of thick, delicious pancakes in the morning. Don’t be deceived though, this mountainous stack is full of nutrients, protein, and fibre so you can this whole stack knowing you are doing good for your body and health. Do you prefer your pancakes stacked or spread out and laid flat on a plate? Personally, I don’t have a preference, but it always ends up lobbed onto a big plate to eat anyways. I actually made 4 servings of this(for me and my family) so I quadrupled the measurements of the ingredients listed below(e.g. I used 1 and 1/3 cup of flour to make 4x the amount of pancakes). This recipe (and what’s photographed) is for a single serving, however, feel free to double, triple and add more of each ingredient to serve more people (or yourself:).
Recipe credit Sabrina Lu
- 1/3 cup of flour of choice (I used wholemeal)
- 1 scoop of Royal Hemp’s Pure Unflavoured protein – Click Here To Buy
- A few dashes of Cinnamon
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of plant-based milk (plus a bit more if the mixture is looking dry)
- Sweetener of choice (I used 2 tablespoons of natural sweetener)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl then stir in wet.
- Pour a palm-sized amount of the mixture onto a pan on low medium heat flipping each pancake once.
- Pop onto a plate add any additional toppings (I drizzled mine with some PB sauce).