Vegan Banana Hemp Morning Pancakes
It’s a new year, and what better way to start it with some hella delicious pancakes. These light & fluffy banana-hemp pancakes are gluten-free, vegan, delicious and filled with hemp protein powder. Why should you use hemp protein? It’s a complete protein, contains naturally occurring amino acids including the 9 essential amino acids, high fibre, aids in brain function and so much more (dayum ????)
- 1 cup chickpea flour, also known as gram or besan flour
- ½ scoop (20g) pure hemp protein (Buy Here)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 large, ripe banana (160g)
- ¾ cup plant milk
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. In another bowl and using a fork, mash your banana down. Aim for a chunky mixture with little bits of banana.
- Add the banana and soy milk into the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. You don’t want to overmix your batter, it’s totally fine to have lumps of flour still in the batter!
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high and grease with coconut oil or vegan butter. Once hot enough, ladle batter and cook for 3-4 minutes or until edges brown and bubbles appear on top. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes and transfer to a plate. Pro tip – To keep pancakes warm, cover plate with foil and place in a warm oven.
- Once all pancakes are cooked, top, and feast!
or 4 payments of $6.24 with Afterpay