Protein Pancakes by Taren Baxter
This time around Taren has spoiled us with some super fluffy protein pancakes with all the trimmings.
These pancakes are deliciously tasty, healthy and filling all at the same time. With over 22g of protein per serving this breakfast will be sure to keep you energised for whatever your day will bring. Like all of her recipes, it is simple to make and your prep time will stay under 10 minutes.
This recipe will make either one large pancake to share or 2 individual serves. The pancake mix will last in the fridge for up to 3 days.
For Blueberry Chia Jam-
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1tbs Chia seeds
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients then slowly mix in all wet ingredients excluding the egg whites.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form
- Slowly fold in egg whites
- Heat up a non-stick pan and pour in mixture
- Cook until small bubbles form in pancake
- Flip pancake over for approx 30-60 seconds or until pancake is cooked through
- Serve straight away
For blueberry Chia Jam:
- Place blueberries in a saucepan over medium heat and mash approx half of the blueberries
- Add chia seeds and stir
- Lower heat and let simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve hot on top of the pancake
For Protein Yoghurt:
- Combine yoghurt and protein
- Serve cold with blueberry jam and pancake