Hemp Seed Schnitty
Craving Soul Food? Why not try this Hemp Seed Schnitty (schnitzel) that is so simple to make.
I used chicken but you can use your favourite type of meat or eggplant to make it a vegetarian dish. Feel free to play around with the chilli to make this dish more or less spicy! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Line baking tray with baking paper
- Flatten the chicken breast with a meat mallet or slice eggplant into 1.5cm slices
- In a bowl mix Flour, turmeric, paprika, chilli powder and onion powder and coat chicken or eggplant for vegetarian option in flour mix.
- Whisk eggs and coat chicken or eggplant for the second layer.
- Mix Hemp Seeds, Panko, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and coat for the third layer.
- Place on tray and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until all is cooked through.
- Drizzle hemp seed oil over the schnitzel before serving for an additional flavour and nutritional boost.
Enjoy straight away with your favourite sides or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. (This also tastes great on wraps and sandwiches)