Banana Bread is a well-loved treat with plenty of recipes and healthy versions offered online, but we bet you’ll love ours! Like all good recipes, our favourite is quite simple to make and an excellent source of nutrition, using gluten-free flour, coconut oil and of course, Royal Hemp Banana Protein Powder.
This one-bowl recipe is as easy as can be and our banana protein powder is a real flavour enhancer, adding a nutrient dense kick to this healthy take on a classic. It’s the perfect sweet treat to surprise your fitness-focused friends.
Or, let’s be honest, yourself 😉
Ingredients (regular sized loaf) :
- 1.5 scoop of Royal Hemp Banana Protein Powder
- 200g gluten-free flour
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 90g raw sugar *
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 2 bananas
- ½ tbsp bicarbonate soda
- 100ml coconut oil (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 2tbs maple syrup
- 1tbs vanilla extract
- 10g butter (for greasing)
- 2 tbs water (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit) and grease your pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil and eggs together until blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients (besides banana) and mix in, adding water for a smoother consistency if needed.
- Roughly mash banana into the mix.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and pop in the oven.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes, checking if its ready by piercing the loaf with a wooden toothpick.
- If it comes out clean – success! Your banana bread is ready.