Royal Hemp review: Vanilla Stevia. Hemp Protein, hang on what? No, it’s not a psychedelic protein powder that sends you into a spiral of happiness. It’s a vegetarian, vegan-friendly, dairy-free and non-GMO protein powder that’s organically sourced from hemp seeds. Introducing Royal Hemp‘s Hemp Protein Powder Stevia.
What are Hemp Seeds?
While hemp seeds originate from the cannabis plant, they are actually from a variety of cannabis but don’t carry any hallucinatory properties. When a plant or tree grows you pick the fruit off the tree. It’s the same concept for the hemp seed; it’s the ‘fruit’ that are picked off the plant. For more information check “8 Things You Should Really Know About Hemp Seeds“. Hemp seeds are low carb, rich in Omega 3 and 6 and high in fibre. It has a great source of amino acids with 18 naturally occurring and 9 essential in the Royal Hemp Protein Powder with Stevia.
Why is Hemp Protein good?
8 Fast facts about why Hemp Protein is an amazing protein source for your body:
- It’s a complete protein – meaning it has all 9 essential amino acids; the building blocks of protein.
- There are 18 naturally occurring amino acids, 9 of which are your essential amino acids.
- Contains high fibre for digestion, which means no bloating!
- Omega 3 and Omega 6 in a healthy 1:3 ratio.
- High in Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) – Omega 6
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals
- Aids in brain function
- Good source of Leucine – Our bodies cannot produce this branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) and it helps with skeletal muscle protein synthesis.
Hemp Protein Ingredients and Macronutrients
Vanilla Flavour: Certified Organic Hemp Protein Powder Stevia (Sweetener) Flavouring One scoop (40g) equals: Fat: 4.5g Carbs: 2g Protein: 20g You can mix Hemp Protein Powder with 400ml of water or for added flavour, mix with almond milk, blend it in a fruit smoothie, make protein oats or add to your cereal. Because this is a plant-based protein you can expect an earthy taste, however, the difference between this plant-based protein and other plant-based protein is this has Stevia added into it creating a sweet and smooth taste. It also has a hint of a nutty taste, which is quite satisfying to the taste buds.
When to consume Hemp Protein?
You can consume this at any time of the day or night, however, it is recommended to drink after your workout or between meals.
Where can I buy Hemp Protein?
You can buy Hemp Protein directly from Royal Hemp. There are two sizes to choose from:
- 500g bag $49.95 (12.5 serves) – $3.99 per serve
- 1kg tub $74.95 (25 serves) – $2.99 per serve
While it is a more expensive protein, the benefits and quality are of high standard. This is a clean protein with no fillers in it. It’s great for vegans, vegetarians and for those of you who are sensitive to dairy. If you’re finding yourself bloated after taking your normal protein, give Hemp Protein a crack and embrace the light, non-bloating feeling. Feed your muscles with a clean protein and notice the difference in your performance and gut health.